Predictable and hassle-free solution for dry docking - we deliver agency and products as one dry docking solution. Our aim? To ensure your dry docking requirements and schedules are met, avoiding delays and minimising unexpected cost.
1. Setting the scene for an efficient dry docking
We provide plans and specifications that gives you predictability and limit unexpected costs through local yard knowledge and extensive information about local and international regulations. Our pre-dry dock inspections include:
- Boiler inspection - including recommended water treatment dosage
- Rope inspection
- Water tests - inspection of dosing and test equipment and advice on special cleaning tasks
- Inspection, training and stock for galley and accommodation
- Welding inspection of gas and arc welding equipment
In addition, we can arrange arrival, accommodation and departure as well as to manage inventory planning and pre-stocking.
2. Getting the vessel into the dock
With our yard intelligence, we enable fast and cost-effective transition into the dock. There, you will be met by our dedicated project manager ready to fulfil the agreed scope. Through our online portal, you have easy to status on project deliveries, timeframes and costs.
We can also help with:
- Handling crew and personnel on arrival
- Negotiating with yards and port authorities with respect to tug, crane hire, barge charges
- Safekeeping, storage, and delivery of your consumables and spares needed for the dry docking
3. On time delivery of products and services
With a dedicated project team we ensure that the correct supply of services and products are delivered when you need them, both planned and unexpected, avoiding delays. The products and services we provide are:
Fully compliant, high quality products
- Welding and surface preparation
- Tools and workshop equipment
- Refrigerants and tools
- Cleaning solutions
- Water treatment solutions
- Oil treatment solutions
Wilhelmsen has always come through on all Dry Dock requirement of gases, no matter where in the world. All this while providing exceptional customer service. All gas requirements have always been met on time - they always go the extra mile to comply with all of our difficult requirements.
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines LTD, Technical Buyer
4. Arranging services to ensure safe departure
We ensure that all documentation of products and services is handed to you in a timely and manageable fashion, in order to get your vessel back in operation. Services included are:
- Reactivation of the safety systems
- Close out documentation: Total cost overview, inspection reports, certifications
- Arrangement of bunker services
- Administration of the departure of site team and crew
- Support for last-minute replenishment of vessels
- Handling of agency requirements for post docking through our global network
5. Sustainable and long-term dry dock partner
Through an evaluation, we will demonstrate value-added savings as well as resolve any uncertainties – enabling both you and us to conduct efficient dry dockings in the future.
With offices in 75 countries supporting our non-stop operations in 2 200 port locations across the globe, you can be assured that we have the local knowledge and industry expertise to find the best solution to cater for your needs.Contact us